A New Way To Go Everywhere.
Maybe you want a touring bike that’s like nothing else out there. Maybe you want a cruiser that’s not a cookie–cutter clone. Maybe you just want a bike that’s big enough to take you wherever you want to go, and do it in comfort and style, with plenty of class and independence.
If that’s what you’re after, Honda’s Gold Wing F6B is your kind of bike. Big, smooth, powerful. The Gold Wing F6B uses technology gathered from our own Honda Gold Wing, a bike that’s set the standards in Luxury Touring for the last 40 years. But the F6B is lighter, trimmer and leaner. You’re going to find that it’s perfect for around-town rides, shorter trips or weekend getaways. You’re also going to find that it will blow away just about any conventional cruiser in terms of looks and commanding presence—not to mention on-road performance.
Cruise Control: It’s a perfect standard for a bike like the F6B that’s designed for some serious distance riding.
Integrated Luggage: Luggage performs better when it’s designed in, not added as an afterthought. The F6B sports twin-integrated saddlebags with 22 liters of storage; both are lockable and sealed against the elements.
Six-Cylinder Engine: Based on the Gold Wing’s 1832cc powerplant, the Gold Wing F6B’s engine features the same smooth power. And since the Gold Wing F6B is lighter, it’s going to feel even more powerful.
- 1832cc Liquid-Cooled, Fuel-Injected Engine: Sometimes a powerplant rises above the merely functional and becomes an icon for superior engineering. It is this engineering that powers the Gold Wing F6B. The technically savvy are impressed with its electronic programmable fuel injection, its compact flat-six design, how it’s horizontally opposed for smoothness and the fact that all this is achieved with regular unleaded gasoline. Even more impressive is the character this liquid-cooled, 1832cc six gives the Gold Wing F6B—effortless, comfortable, and completely competent year after year.
- Shaft Final Drive: Clean, efficient and virtually maintenance-free, the F6B’s proven shaft final drive is exactly what you want on a bike like this. You can pile on the miles without ever having to worry about lubricating or adjusting a chain.
- Exhaust System: Baggers have a little attitude—and the F6B sets plenty of records in that department, thanks to an exhaust internals that give it a throatier, meaner sound.
- Adjustable Suspension: On a touring motorcycle, how much weight you carry constantly changes. Passenger or no passenger, loaded or empty saddlebags: you need an adjustable suspension that’s also easy to adjust. The F6B features a rear Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock. Best of all, the spring-preload adjustment is remote-controlled.
- Aggressive Styling: It’s like no other Gold Wing we’ve ever made. The F6B features sleek, super streamlined bodywork with a lower, swoopier profile that sweeps back from the minimal windscreen to the low rear cowl right where the trunk could have been. And where other bikes have chrome, the F6B is pure blacked-out metal, from engine casing to the cast wheels.
- Low-Profile Windscreen: When it comes to engineering, Honda has unmatched resources. Countless hours in our research facility wind tunnels led to the F6B’s revolutionary windscreen. With its minimal design it saves weight, eliminates a prime cause of wind drag and delivers absolutely amazing wind and weather protection. Riders will also love how open the cockpit now feels.
- Cruise Control: Perfected on our Gold Wing touring bikes, the F6B’s cruise control offers a full range of features: set, resume, step up and down. It works seamlessly, and it makes this smooth-riding machine seem even smoother, and it a real benefit on long, straight highway sections.
- Glovebox Within Glove Reach: Because all Gold Wings feature a low-mounted fuel tank, there’s additional storage room right in front of the rider. It’s easy to access this convenient storage, and it’s lockable for items like your cell phone, GPS or camera for scenic turnouts.
- Advanced Wind and Weather Protection: At first glance, the F6B looks bare of wind and weather protection, but on your first ride, you understand its radical bodywork. Through careful design, rider and passenger are shielded from wind, cold and rain. This is a carefully tuned fuselage that deflects the environment and vastly improves rider comfort. It’s part of what makes a Gold Wing world-class touring machine.
- Long-Distance Seating: You don’t design a comfortable seat for two without putting in real miles, and Honda engineers have racked up millions of them. Our experience and testing have created a seat design that gives the rider just enough back support while providing the passenger an elevated view so they can see more than the back of a helmet. The F6B’s carefully tuned padding and shape mean more pleasure from more miles in the saddle.
- Spacious Storage: Creating a high-performance touring bike means paying careful attention to the art of packing. The Gold Wing F6B’s twin saddlebags are mounted low for a better center of gravity, sealed to be weather resistant and lockable to deter thievery. Offering 22 liters of space, there’s ample room for the stuff you need to enjoy every trip.
- iPod® Connectivity: The Gold Wing F6B has an unbeatable sound system, so don’t forget to pack your music. Now you can connect a compatible Apple® iPod® player and control it through the Gold Wing's audio controls, or you can plug in a USB flash drive MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files. The connector is located in the lockable saddlebags, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
- Audio System with Surround Sound: Making a superior motorcycle sound system is a challenge, but it’s one that Honda has mastered like no other bike maker. You’ll be amazed when you experience the clear, powerful surround sound (SRS CS Auto*) with deep, powerful bass. And for those who prefer headsets (SRS Headphone*), you’ll discover sound that feels three-dimensional and totally realistic (SRS CS Auto*)**.
- Engine Type: 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 74.0 mm x 71.0 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive
- Final Drive: Shaft
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 45 mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with remote-controlled spring preload adjustment, 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual full-floating 296 mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: Single ventilated 316 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 130/70R-18
- Rear Tire: 180/60R-16
- Rake: 29.15 deg.
- Trail: 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in.
- Seat Height: 28.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 844 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 34 MPG
- Model Id: GL1800B
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: Matte Silver
Factory Warranty Information
- Three Years: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.